More rain and snow forecasts for Casper; weekend above 50 degrees before dropping to sub-zero temperatures

CASPER, Wyo.– The Casper area can expect more precipitation in the coming days and dramatic temperature swings could also be in store, according to the National Weather Service forecast in Riverton.

Flurries are expected to continue over the Casper area until about 11 p.m. Wednesday. Overnight accumulations should be less than an inch.

Thursday is expected to be sunny with a high near 35 degrees. The NWS at Riverton forecasts a 20% chance of showers at Casper Thursday evening with a 30% chance at Casper Mountain.

Friday’s high in Casper is forecast at near 44 degrees before temperatures climb to a high of near 50 degrees on Saturday. Sunday is expected to climb up to 51 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton. With warm Sunday temperatures, rain and snow are possible before 7 p.m. with flurries likely after 7 p.m. There is a 60% chance of showers Sunday in Casper.

Casper Mountain has a 40% chance of snow showers Sunday morning, dropping to a 60% chance Sunday evening.

Flurries are likely in Casper Monday and Monday evening and there is a chance of snow Tuesday, according to the NWS in Riverton. Casper Mountain has an 80% chance of snowing Monday, 60% chance Monday night, and 50% chance Tuesday.

After warm winter weekend temperatures expected in Casper, temperatures are expected to drop dramatically in the new week. Monday’s high in Casper is expected to reach near 24 degrees with a low of around 3 degrees expected Monday evening, according to the NWS in Riverton. Tuesday’s high is expected to reach near 14 degrees before Casper drops to a low of around -5 degrees on Tuesday. Wednesday’s high is expected at around 19 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Casper Mountain could reach temperatures as high as 44 degrees over the weekend, but is expected to be colder in the new week. Monday’s high on the mountain is expected to be between 17 and 23 degrees. The mountain could drop to -6 degrees Monday evening with wind chills of -17 to -27 degrees expected, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Casper Mountain is expected to experience a high of around 8 degrees on Tuesday and could drop to -7 degrees Tuesday night with wind chills of -18 to -28 degrees possible. Wednesday’s peak on the mountain is expected to reach nearly 12 degrees, according to the NWS in Riverton.

Further forecast information is available from the NWS in Riverton.

Comments are closed.