Having a loan at the bank is possible to submit a complaint. People who have a loan in francs very often win their wages with banks. Therefore, if you wear the intention of filing a complaint, do not hesitate just act. The sooner the better. Do it if you think your rights have been violated.
However, remember to carefully analyze your contract and think about the content of the documents. It is not worth using uncritically from commonly available templates, because the contracts differ. Your complaint must contain not only a description of the situation, but also any reservations about the bank and clear demands. That’s why you need to know what exactly is written in your contract and what you can relate to. Very often banking agreements contain illegal clauses, called abusive ones.
What are abusive clauses in bank contracts?
The Financial Ombudsman’s report takes into account all potential prohibited clauses and you can refer to them by submitting a complaint to the bank. If you are not sure how the contract is constructed or if you have any doubts, get help from professionals who will help you analyze the document. The most important prohibited clauses that banks use are:
- A clause enabling banks to shape the change in the interest rate on the loan. It may turn out that such a record serves overpaid loan installments (eg: the bank’s margin may be higher than on the day of granting the loan).
- The clause ordering conversion of the CHF / PLN exchange rate according to the foreign exchange rate applicable at the bank. If the bank used its own sales rate, the loan installment could be overpaid.
- An overdraft of the loan installment could also take place when the 3-month LIBOR did not accept a negative value, and, for example, it stopped at 0% or higher. LIBOR 3M CHF is one of the factors determining the amount of the installment and since December 18, 2014 it has adopted a negative value. Other conversions mean abuse by the bank.
- The imposition of a low contribution by the bank. It is completely unlawful and the bank should pay back such a premium.
If any of the listed clauses are included in the contract, you can safely file a complaint. It is important, however, that you really have a factual basis, and therefore the contract and the entire “course” of the loan must be thoroughly traced.
Other reasons for advertising a loan
It happens that the reason for problems with the repayment of the loan is more, and also that they simply flow from other reasons, such as: too large increase in installments, death of a spouse or marriage breakdown, lack of work, illness. So let’s try to save your situation by sending an appropriate complaint. Of course, it may happen that the bank will reply that the complaint is unfounded. However, do not rest on your laurels, this information is needed for us on the way to success. A lot of advice on how to get out of debt and the possibility of consumer bankruptcy can be found at: Spiralazadluzenia.pl
If the complaint has been rejected, we still have other options. We can:
- Send a request to the Financial Ombudsman for mediation,
- File a lawsuit in court,
- Submit a notification to the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection.
We have several methods and tools to choose from. However, if we are not sure about the knowledge and experience in this matter, it is worth using the advice of specialists. Asking the office is a good solution. Specialists can help you choose the most effective method in the fight for your rights and lead us to success.